Monday, February 23, 2009
I have a fabulous husband that I have the best time with. I love that we're silly and playful more often than serious.
I have a good job with seriously fab benefits. It's not always fun to be a social worker, but nothing beats a steady paycheck and awesome health insurance for cheap.
I have a healthy body and mind.
I have a great family.
I have the Gospel.
I have amazing friends.
I have a place to live- I'll let my grossed-outness of the gray carpet slide today.
I have two kitties that are always happy to see me come home.
Do I really need more? Don't think so.
Saturday, February 21, 2009
Friday, February 20, 2009
1. I yawn uncontrollably when I work out. It's kind of embarrassing.
2. I do not eat fish of any kind or any type of sea creature. I've actually tried quite a few types of fish and I still hate it. No sushi for me!
3. I have two face scars: one on my upper lip after getting bit by my childhood dog, one on my cheek from cheerleading (a friend and I collided during a stunt- her braces slashed my face. Ewww, I know.)
4. I always had a feeling that I would marry a guy I knew from my hometown.
5. I had my first kiss when I was in 1st grade- his name is Donnie Carrino and he lived down the street.
6. I hate the idea of animals hurting or getting killed. I even feel sad when I see roadkill. Sometimes I think I would be better working for the ASPCA than DCFS.
7. Even though I'm now a cat person, I used to think that cats were kind of stupid and good for nothing.
8. I haaate the smell of vitamins. It really grosses me out.
9. I could eat cereal for two meals a day, every day, and be happy as a clam.
10. I find great joy in making up nick names for Ben, which he hates. Mongoloid, orange head, beanie bear, mean bean,beanis, etc.
11. I'm pretty much an open book when talking about my life, but there are a few things that I'm fiercely private about.
12. When I was a kid I wanted to be an astronaut.
13. I get really grossed out by the idea of breastfeeding. I get really, really grossed out when girls just whip it out and start feeding their kids. Seriously, use a blanket. I don't care if you're my sister or my best friend- just cover them up. People say, "You'll change when you have a baby. It won't feel like a big deal then." No people. I won't change.
14. I love cherry and orange flavored candies, but I don't like the actual fruits.
15. I would never, ever want to be famous.
16. I fell asleep while watching Dumb and Dumber and The Three Amigos.
17. My body requires at least 8 hours of sleep each night, otherwise I'm cranky and irritable the next day.
18. Sometimes I wish that I had majored in secondary education, not marrige, family, and human development. I'd love to be a high school psychology or sociology teacher.
19. I am extremely organized- Ben thinks that it's weird that I get joy from spending my days off work organizing things.
20. I don't really enjoy children, except for a select few.
21. When I have a tough day, my favorite pick-me-up is a new magazine, a DDP, and some candy.
22. I have mild arachnophobia. When I see a spider I get very anxious and I make someone else kill it. I'm afraid to get too close, because it could possibly jump on me, run up into my hair and then lay its eggs.
23. I was not the nicest little kid. I still remember getting spanked for telling a little girl who came over to play that I didn't like her and slamming the door in her face.
24. I love having people at my house and I think that I would have a party every week if Ben would let me.
25. I'm a really happy and optimistic person for the most part. Life is better when you have a good outlook on things.
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Sunday, February 15, 2009
People, you must all go to the Sweet Tooth Fairy. If you don't live in Utah Valley, buy yourself a plane ticket. This place is life changing. Try one of their cake bites and you will agree. I really think that my cookie and cupcake baking days are over, because I fully plan on buying from this bakery... and I'm just looking for a reason to go again.
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Now that it's over, I should be able to relax, blog, and most importantly sleeeeeep.
BTW, I know I must be stressed out when I have a nightmare that I'm driving my car on a little bridge over the Grand Canyon, hit a guardrail on the bridge, and plummett down into the canyon. Eek.
Saturday, February 7, 2009
10:30 am- go to the Shade Warehouse Sale in PG. OH MY GOSH. It's amazing! I went a little overboard and bought 15 shirts, but I couldn't believe the sale. My smart sister Sarah likened the Shade sale in Utah Valley to sample sales in NYC. It was absolute pandemonium.
12:30 pm- lunch at Noodles with my favorite partner in crime, Brent. Love him. Lunch was immediately followed by yogurt at Red Mango. Yum. I think I'll go to Red Mango again today.
2:05 pm- Brent and I see "He's Just Not That Into You." The movie was fab, but the surroundings were not. Let me explain...
Brent and I were sitting in the second to the last row in the back. Behind us were a group of young moms with their 1-3 year old children. I'd say 3 moms, 3 kids. All purposely spread out over the whole back row. Throughout the movie, the kids would scream, cry, yell things to their moms, shake our chairs, stick their arms between the chairs, peek over the tops of our chairs at us.... you get the picture. It was awful. After the movie, Brent actually did what I wanted to do. He stood up and turned around to the closest mommy behind us. Here's the dialogue:
Brent: Excuse me, are those your children?
Mommy: Yes, one of them is.
Brent: Well, their running around made the movie awful for me.
Mommy: (calmly) I'm sorry sir.
Brent: Well it was awful
Mommy: (suddenly infuriated) Excuse me sir?!? Are you a parent?
Brent: As a matter of fact, I am. (lie)
Mommy: (still infuriated) Well then you must know how difficult it can be to get a sitter!
Brent: (calm) Oh I know, but when I can't get a sitter then I don't go out. I don't take my child to the movie with me and disturb others.
Seriously, if you can't get a sitter, DO NOT take your child to a 2 hour movie, unless you are sure that they will be able to sit semi-quietly and not disturb everyone around them. If you want to see a movie, rent one. End of rant.
The day was still good after the movie debacle, I promise. See?
5-7 pm- play Mario on the Wii with Brent and Benjamin
7 pm- dinner at Pizzeria 712. You know how I feel about this place. Love.
8:30-bedtime- More Mario, watch "Swing Vote"
Sorry for the insanely long post, but it was a really great day. Props to you if you actually read it all.
Friday, February 6, 2009
1) "Post a picture of whatever bag you are carrying as of late (and the inside too).
-2 lotions (Gold Bond and Jergens)
-Ikea map and little pencil
- 2 nail polishes
- Mary Kay lipstick and lipstick holder
-Body Shop gloss
-Rosebud salve (amazing stuff)
- Mary Kay gloss
-Body Shop hemp lip balm (best balm ever)
- 3 pens
2) " I want to know how much it cost:) And this is not to judge. This is for entertainment purposes only. So spill it. And if there is a story to go along with how you obtained it, I’d love to hear it."
This bag cost me $39.99 at Target. I wasn't looking for a bag that day, but I saw it and had to have it. I guess you could call it an impulse buy...
3) "Tag some chicks. And link back to this post so people know why the heck you’re showing everyone your diaper bag/non-diaper bag."
Thursday, February 5, 2009
"So are you wearing the French maid outfit right now? With nothing else on?"
Yeah, it made me want to throw up in my mouth. And to boot, the man having this racy conversation was not a client. He was a lawyer! Wait until you're off the clock and away from others when you have these type of calls, laywerman. Geez.
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Sunday, February 1, 2009
"It can't be that difficult" was my thought process. How wrong I was. I barely managed to get on the chair lift (feeling more awkward than ever in my entire life), and immediately face-planted when I tried to get off the lift. The cool scab on my face was the result, as pictured above.
I haven't been snowboarding since.