Friday, July 31, 2009
1. I'm visiting with a client at her home. She's always asking me questions about my life ("How did you and your husband meet?" "What is your house like?") to which I give very brief and very vague answers. Then I change the subject. Yesterday the client asked me if I had noticed any stretch marks on my stomach. After giving her a simple "no" answer, she pulled up her shirt to show me her stretch mark filled stomach. What am I supposed to say to her? Too bad for you? Nice stretch marks? I was at a loss.
2. A few hours later I was visiting with another client, who recently had a gyno-related surgery. I pull up to her driveway, say hi and ask her how she was feeling, and the woman immediately says, "I want to show you this." Pulls up her shirt, unzips her pants, and pulls down her underwear (not all the way, but much lower than I'd ever want to see) to show me her stitches and bruising from her surgery. Once again, I was at a loss for words.
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
-my quick trip to the Midwest
-amazing baby showers
-baby Dylan/pregnancy developments
- thoughts on The Bachelorette
- funny things that Benjamin does
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
This past weekend was fabulous. Here are some reasons why:
- working out with Melissa and Maceface
- helping to rescue 3 adorable kittens (1 is still available... we've started to call him Pip)
-saw Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince... amazing
- my surprise baby shower- it was wonderful
-teaching my YW on Sunday... I think my lesson may have sunk in. Success!
- lots of sugar, mainly in the form of Reeces cups and Twizzlers
- quality time with the husband
Friday, July 17, 2009
This morning I helped rescue three kittens who were abandoned by their mother. They're absolutely adorable and are teeny tiny. I couldn't just leave them- what kind of cat lover would I be?
You and I both know that I cannot handle any cats beyond Oscar and Moo, so these kittens need to find a new home!
Here are the stats:
- two boys, one girl
- 4 weeks old
-can eat soft kitten food
-received their de-worm medication at the vet this morning
I'll be putting an ad on ksl.com and craigslist tomorrow, so they probably won't last long. Give me a call if you would like a kitten. If you don't know my number, comment or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Saturday morning cannot come fast enough- I'm so ready to see this movie! It really is cruel and unusual that this movie was supposed to be released back in November and they put it off for 8 months.
I'm dragging my less than willing husband along, although I'm starting to doubt his unwillingness. The other day he said, "Stupify" to me while waving an imaginary wand, and today he asked me how I thought JK Rowling came up with words like muggle and horcrux. I'm choosing to believe that his recent Harry Potter mentions are signs of his secret excitement.
Monday, July 13, 2009
Saturday, July 11, 2009
Friday, July 3, 2009
Can any of you guys think of fun things to do in Utah? Mind you, being almost 7 months pregnant creates some limitations.
Please help! Also, I'm thinking that I have some lurkers- lurkers, please help with this too! Everyone is welcome here... well, maybe except for my DCFS clients. Eek.
Some perimeters for the adventures are:
1. Not crazy expensive. Yes, we're willing to spend money, but we're not going to drop $300 on a day-long activity.
2. Won't require more than 2 days of our time. I'm hoarding my work vacation days like a squirrel hoards nuts before winter. Except for my winter is called maternity leave.
3. Cannot have anything to do with golf. Ben already golfs enough to make me crazy.