Friday, August 30, 2013

The Happs.

You know what's difficult? Keeping an active blog when you have two kids at home + work 20 hours per week. Heck, it was difficult with one kid at home. Throw Owen into the mix and things just get exponentially more busy. Right now I'm using a few precious minutes from my Golden Hour (the one hour during the day that both kids are sleeping) to post a quick update. 

Here are a few of the happenings:
Dylan started preschool! He goes twice each week at a wonderful preschool a few miles up the road. Seriously, this place is magical and I love it. Dylan loves it too- he's excited to go and always comes home with cute pictures, worksheets, etc. Dylan picked out his preschool outfit and he was so proud.


I discovered a wonderful new hair product- Oscar Blandi Hair Lift. I decided to order it after reading  the positive review from Kate at The Small Things Blog, The girl has amazing hair and tries all sorts of products, so I knew that this must be a winner... and it really is! It gives my hair great volume without feeling producty. 


I went to my high school's 10 year reunion! I had the best time- I was able to see so many great people that I hadn't seen since high school graduation, and it was a wonderful night! Ridiculously hot and humid at the outdoor event, but otherwise fabulous. Seriously, if they had another reunion in a few years I would totally go. I think one of the best parts was that I was able to visit with a ton of great people- not just the girls that I have remained close to after 10 years, but all sorts of people that I had lost touch with (other than being friends on facebook) or people I wasn't close to in high school but have gotten to know better after high school. 

The funny thing was that no one really changed at all... personalities are the same, everyone looked pretty much the same... we're just adults now. 

Since I went to my high school reunion, what else does that mean? Seeing my family in Indiana! Hooray! Yep, Owen and I few home for a long weekend and were able to visit with my parents, my sister and her family, and my grandma. My grandma is amazing- she's 81 years old and drove by herself from St. Louis to Indiana. She honestly has the most energy of any 81 year old that I've ever seen... she's more like 60. Mind you, she takes extremely good care of herself and has the best style. No joke. 

The above picture is Owen and I on the airplane. He was such a champ and slept for most of the flights. I may have violated FAA policy by keeping him in the Moby during takeoff... who cares, he was sleeping and I wasn't about to take him out and wake him up. 

Ben and Dylan had a great time while I was away... they ate cupcakes and snow cones for dinner, went to the dinosaur museum, and just had fun. Dylan wanted to be my welcome home present, so he had Ben wrap him up and send me a picture:
Hilarious. Love my crazy Dylan boy. 



I came upon these while at Target yesterday... my goodness, I love them. I ended up taking the bag to work, because I knew that I would end up eating them all in waaaay to short of time otherwise. There was also candy corn M&Ms, which I'll have to try sometime soon too. Can't wait for fall!

The End.




No comments: