Monday, September 16, 2013

Over the weekend...

Despite poor Benjamin being sick, the kiddos and I had a great weekend. Here are a few of the happenings:

1. Owen had his first Wal-Mart experience. Normally I avoid that place like the plague, but this time I just happened to be very close to the Lindon store when I decided to pop in for a few things. Let it be known, the Lindon Wal-Mart is nothing like the Orem Wal-Mart. Much less disgusting and zoo-like, for sure. Anyway, among the odds and ends that were picked up were a few scented waxes. I may have gone a little overboard, but I was just so excited about the wonderful smells!
{The linen smell is Ben's absolute favorite, so I had to pick it up. I love, love, love cranberry mandarin for fall.}

2. On Saturday, the kids and I went to Chalk the Block at The Riverwoods in Provo. It was a beautiful afternoon and we had so much fun looking at all the amazing chalk drawings. There was live music, booths with all sorts of goods, and (Dylan's favorite) a man making balloon animals. Dylan saw a little boy with a balloon sword and had to have one. Like, would talk about nothing else than finding the balloon man for 15 minutes straight until we actually found him.
Pure joy in the form of a balloon sword.

3. Dylan currently has an adorable obsession with Jesus. More specifically, "My friend Jesus" as Dylan says. He swiped this pass-a-long card from the lobby of our church building  on Sunday and spent the entire hour of sacrament meeting holding and looking at the card. At the end of the hour I put the card into my bag, and he panicked when he couldn't find his friend Jesus. Too cute.
Learn more about Dylan's friend!

4. I have been stressing big-time about Owen's weight since his 4 month check up. I'm trying to feed him as much as a can... what else can I do? He doesn't seem hungry, and I can't force him to eat more than he will eat. Let's hope he will pack on the pounds. He is growing up so fast, though. Looks like his little bouncer is no longer safe:

Yep, he sits up and tries to get out. 

5. I also made these cookies
They always turn out perfect and look just like this, no joke. Best. Recipe. Ever.
Thank you Melissa at Bless This Mess for the perfect, amazing recipe!

What did you do this weekend?

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Amber told me I had to try that cookie recipe. Looks like it's a must! Now that amber lives here we need to do a Cbus get together. Chan, Ryan & Nici, Hayden & Luke...who else? I rested a lot this weekend. :)

Sarah said...

...wish I went to that Chalk the Block. Fun!!!