Friday, January 17, 2014

Let's just pretend that it's still Christmastime, ok?

 We had such a wonderful December and I'm sad that it has come and gone. After my birthday on the 8th, it was time for the Christmas countdown. We left for Indiana on the 18th for eleven relaxing days with family. A few days before we left, Dylan's preschool had a Christmas party. It was so cute- there was food, Santa, singing, and a little present for parents. Dylan's class made a class recipe book with a recipe that each child shared. It was darling and hilarious. Here is Dylan's favorite recipe:

Dylan has this obsession with ice sculptures (no joke- he wanted one at his birthday party) and I'm so happy that they were included in the recipe. 

This is a classic example of Dylan's sweet and sour personality. He was not interested in singing with the other children at the Christmas party- he's in the green shirt. 

Ben didn't come to Indiana until Christmas Eve, but we Face Timed with him multiple times each day. Owen would get so excited for Face Time- I'm not sure if it was because he loved seeing himself on my phone, or if he was excited to see Ben's picture. Either way, his reactions were darling. 

Watching TV at my parent's house was super fun for Dylan, since he was able to watch from his "nest." He wanted to have his backpack on a lot with all of his toys inside. 


On Christmas Eve we had a little Nativity reenactment. Dylan was Joseph, Evvie was Mary, Owen was baby Jesus, and I was the angel 


Another example of Dylan's sweet and sour personality... the boys on Christmas Eve in their matching jammies. 


Ben did some fancy wrapping for my Christmas gifts. I wonder what this one was???

The day after Christmas we went to the Indianapolis Children's Museum... so much fun!


And then on the 27th I was able to meet up with some of my most wonderful childhood friends for dinner. Can't wait to see them again in March for Dr. Lindsey's wedding!

Owen loves his grandma so much!

Seesters!

Cousins!

Aaaaand some airport hilariousness. Love!

It was a wonderful December and I wish we could just do it all again!

No comments: