1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? I’m very much a hot chocolate enthusiast. I bought this huge multi-pack of 10 different hot chocolate flavors from Costco (oh how I love that place) and for about a month straight, I would drink hot chocolate every night. I’ve never tried egg nog, nor do I want to. Just the name of the drink sounds disgusting. Egg nog? Anything Nog… disgusting.
2. Does Santa wrap the presents or just sit them under the tree? Wrapped, set aside from family presents.
3. Colored or white lights? white
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No
5. When do you put your decorations up? As soon as Ben will let me. I get waaay more excited about decorating than Ben does. I think we put our stuff up a few days after Thanksgiving.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? I looove Christmas cookies, does that count as a dish?
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Christmas morning, duh. When the fam all came downstairs for presents. This was after waiting 20 minutes for Sarah to do her hair and makeup, since she refused to look all morningy in the pictures my parents would take.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Not sure… I had my suspicions when I was 7 or 8… I think it was just a gradual understanding.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Not when I was little, but when I was 12 or so we started to do a gift on Christmas Eve.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Some of my ornaments from when I was little, some that we were given from others, lots bought at Target. Last year I tried to do a color-coordinated tree, but this year is just a hodge-podge of colors and styles.
11. Snow: Love it or hate it? I like to look at it, but I hate driving in it or trudging through it.
12. Can you ice skate? Yeah- I took lessons when I was 11. I can go forwards AND backwards.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I loooved the white coat Ben gave me last year.
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Being with loved ones, remembering the birth of Christ.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Christmas cookies, as long as they don’t have pecans. I hate pecans.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Listening to Christmas music, especially The Carpenter’s and Kenny G. Seriously, I love their Christmas albums.
17. Which do you like best giving or receiving? Definitely giving.
18. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Mariah Carey’s “All I Want for Christmas is You” Love it!
19. Do you like candy canes? Don’t love the peppermint ones, but the candy flavored ones are great.
20. Favorite holiday movie? The Holiday. Elf is a close second.