Saturday, October 24, 2009

A horse of a different color.

Actually, more like a cow of a different color.

After three trips to the lactation consultant (seriously, more drama than I thought was possible), it is suspected that Dylan and/or I may have thrush. I don't really know what thrush is, but I know that it can make nursing painful. Yowch.

Treatment for possible thrush?
Gentian Violet.

I had never heard of this stuff before, but I have to put it on my nursing bits every day for a week and it will clear up any thrushy bacteria. TMI? Sorry.

Anyway, here's the result of nursing with the G. Violet:A little scary looking, I know. Don't worry, no babies were harmed in the making of this post.

5 comments:

Morgan said...

I am so sorry you have thrush. I hear it is the worst....

I must say though, this is by far my FAVORITE blog post I have read in a week or two from ANYBODY!! That is just too funny!

Jo-Dan said...

I need to hear more about this...without sharing too much, I am also having some difficulty in this area...maybe we need talk...

Lissagerl said...

Thrush SUCKS!!! I love the mouth though. So funny! If you want a non coloring solution you can just use Monistat.

Terri and Jack said...

Your post is HILARIOUS! Anyone who can make THRUSH interesting is a funny funny person!

Unknown said...

I have a picture somewhere in my house of Ben with his violet colored mouth as well! He was just a month old too. Crazy! Like father like son...Hope you are doing alright. Sorry for the nursing drama. I'm glad Dylan has such a good mommy! Love, Mom II