Thursday, October 11, 2007

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Sooo a few weeks ago, I was walking through Nordstrom. My favorite place in the world other than my home and Color Me Mine. Walking past the shoe section I spied with cute pair of Nikes. I've been thinking about them every few days, wanting to purchase them. They'd be so cute to wear around. Comfy as a tennis shoe, but a little dressed up. Anyway, I finally bought them today. I was absolutely elated that I would no longer be pining after these things. I proudly brought them home, whipped them out of the Nordstrom bag and Nike box to show my Benjamin and expected him to be supportive of my buy. Was not so. He said that they were hideous and could not believe that I'd spend money on them. Rude! I know they're probably a little different and don't appeal to everyone, but geez, he acted like I bought a pile of vomit or something. I've decided I don't care. I love them and I'm going to wear them, with or without the support of my husband.

Here are the offending shoes:

4 comments:

Morgan said...

I like them. :)

sarahbclark! said...

i would not liken them to a pile of vomit, but that did make me laugh. i too like them. i'm very excited to go shopping with you to snap me out of my style rut!

Sarah said...

love them!!

sarahbclark! said...

after trying these shoes on i can now say that they are some of the most uncomfortable shoes i've ever worn. you'd think Nike would make sure their shoes were at least wearable, right?
and thanks for helping me shop this weekend!