Monday, October 8, 2007

My firsts

First Friend: The first friend that I really remember is Courtney Yun. She was about my age in lived in my cul-de-sac in Pennsylvania. We still keep in touch even though it's been over 10 years since we've seen each other.
First Time to Disneyland: Never been to Disneyland, however I've been to Disneyworld about 10 times at least. Growing up in the midwest, we were Florida vacation people, not California.
First Memorable Gift: This is hard! Probably my Teddy Ruxbin I got when I was like 3. I loved it! You'd stick a tape in his back and he'd start talking to me. A little creepy maybe.
First Time Wearing Makeup: Costume makeup- probably when I was 3 or 4 and was a clown for Halloween. I let my mom put lipstick on my cheeks. My first real makeup experience was probably in the 5th grade or something when I was allowed to wear clear mascara. I was so excited about it, but now that I look back on it, clear mascara really didn't do anything. Except sting a lot when it got in my eye.
First Birthday Party: The first one that I actually remember was my 5th- we were living in Missouri and I had all my pre-school friends over. I don't remember much, but I know that I had little pointy hats for everyone to wear. They were pink.
First Car: Oh geez, that's the 1990 Mazda 626. More like the Mazda 666. It would stall and rev its engine without me doing a thing. Luckily I got an upgrade a year later :)
First Job: Custard girl at Ritters Frozed Custard. Loved it, only because I got free custard and worked with all my friends.
First Car Accident: I've never been the driver in a real accident (I've had like 3 teeny fender-benders, but those don't count), but I was a passenger in one. Senior year in high school, right after bridge jumping in the middle of the night into a lake, right after a big storm... real smart, I know.... anyway the driver was going real fast on slick roads and we skidded into a highway guardrail thing, spun around and hit a tree. Scariest moments of my life. Luckily, no one was hurt. We just felt like idiots calling my friend's dad to help us at 2 am when we weren't supposed to be out anyway.
First Concert: N Sync when I was in 8th grade. This was before they got really big and Britney Spears was their opening act.

First College Roommate: Hello, Lindsay Romans-Adamson. I feel so lucky, because I could've gotten any nutcase off the street and I got a girl who became one of the best friends I've ever had.

First Airplane Ride Alone: I was 6 years old and my parents flew me to Orlando for a week to visit my Aunt Kathy. I think that's illegal now, right? Kids have to be like 8 or something I think.
First Time I Met Ben: Sadly I don't remember our first ever meeting. His family moved to my town when I was a freshman in high school. We went to the same high school and ward, so I saw him around a lot. I remember seeing him with some people in the halls on one of his first days at school and thinking "Wow, he's hanging out with the partiers. I wonder if he knows."


First Kiss with Ben: It was on our 4th date, and I think that we got some food and then went back to his place to watch a movie. We were watching Kate and Leopold, and after a close call or 2, we kissed during the movie. I know, I know, kind of a boring story. But it was fab!
First Home with Ben: Stonecrest Apartments in Provo. Living next door to Megan and Dave, which was great!
First Real Job: My current job, working for DCFS in American Fork. So far I love it- it's just starting to get really busy and making me feel like I'm actually doing something.
First Time I Realized I Wasn't a Kid Any More: Geez, I don't know... I think that one time when I realized that I wasn't a kid was 2 summers ago when I visited home for a week and hung out with my high school girlfriends at their college. I felt like my life was so far from what theirs was- I was living on my own, paying my bills, married... and their lives were about their sororities, friends, and parties... not that their lives are less than mine or anything... I just realized that I was now different... I was a grown up with a grown up life and responsibilities.


2 comments:

sarahbclark! said...

oh, my little chrissi bear, all grown up!
so, your teddy ruxpin was before "jeff"? for all those of you who don't know, when chrissi was little she named a cardboard box "jeff" and carried it around everywhere. it even slept with her in her bed!
i like reading posts about when you were little. i think because we shared a childhood, so i have memories of the same stuff.

Lindsay Marie said...

I think maybe you got both... a nut case and a best friend. Cause I know I did : ) Serisouly though, I don't think there is anyone else out there like you.

Moments I'll never forget:
1.the first time you pulled out the eye mask
1a. being scared of sleeping chrissi ("some of us are trying to get some sleep!")
2.scandalizing me with "to the window, to the wall"?
3. your constant need to change back into your pajamas
4. college girls are easy
5. the most awful sounding crying the night before we left for summer
6. our matching room.
7. sharing the first leg of our plane ride home for christmas
8. you trying to sneak in our room so that I wouldn't know you were out LATE with ben... and then crying when I made you listen to "love you madly"
9. movies every night the first month of freshman year.
10. how you used to hate boys.
11. selling cookies to buy courtney a plane ticket to richmond.
12. random "parties" in the elevator
13. hanging out on the roof of s hall.
14. No class on fridays
15. trips to vegas (including walking to the strip from UNLV)
16. your poster for vin diesel


aww, this made me miss you!!