Monday, November 12, 2007

Nordstrom = Happiness




A few weeks ago at work, we had a group relaxation activity. See my job as a caseworker for the Division of Child and Family Services can get pretty stressful at time, thus causing possible burnout. To learn about avoiding said burnout, we did a relaxation/meditation exercise where we closed our eyes, and listened to a soothing, directive tape. At the beginning of the tape, the voice said to picture yourself in a calm, relaxing environment, yada yada yada... and so I did. 15 minutes later, everyone opened their eyes. We went around the room describing our perfect place. Some pictured a forest, some a beach..... me? I was at Nordstrom, not gonna lie. It's true- Nordstrom is my place of happiness. I just like to go and look at the beautiful things. Such color, such variety. I am a Nordstrom girl, through and through. And to illustrate, here are my favorite fall buys from my Mecca:

My pashmina! 100% Cashmere... I love this thing. I immediately feel a little Jennifer Aniston-like when I wear it. Mine is sky blue, and it's seriously a little piece of heaven for me.






Bare Minerals makeup! I am forever in love. Who would've thought that just powder could do so much? Makes my skin look fab and keeps it healthy at the same time. I just got the 'starter kit,' and I looove it. I plan to get eyeshadows, lipsticks, and whole shebang.... eventually. Let my Nordstrom credit card rest, right?






My Uggs! Thank you mommy for my early birthday present. I love these things. Even though all the magazines say Uggs are so out, I seriously love mine. Such comfort! I have the shin-length ones. I thought about getting the full-length ones, but then I'd feel like I should tuck my jeans into them, and I'm just not a tucker. I see other girls do it and think that it looks cute, but I just can't do it. It probably doesn't help that all my jeans are flare, which makes tucking all the more difficult.



My lovely hair pin. Mind you, this is not a picture of the actual pin, which I will try to get soon. It looks a bit like this one, but the pin I am in love with is seriously sooo lovely. There are no words for this one. I just love it. I tried and tried to find something comparable in beauty at other places, like Target, Kohls, and the like, but nothing I found came close to it. I just love it.

3 comments:

renae said...

WE need to go shopping, my friend! you and i could do some serious damage. and yes, bare minerals are dreamy-- i just restocked last week. i can't wait to see the pashmina-- very jennifer/rachel indeed!

sarahbclark! said...

i, too, share this happy place. we are sisters indeed.

Lindsay Marie said...

you crack me up. this post was so "chrissi". love ya!