Tuesday, December 15, 2009

It's a Christmas miracle!

Get excited people, because Dylan slept through the night! Ben and I put Dylan down at 9 pm last night and he didn't wake up until 6 am! Craziness!

When Ben's alarm went off at 6 am I was momentarily confused, since I couldn't figure out how it was already 6, since I didn't remember getting up to feed Dylan. I then had a moment of panic that Dylan had died in his sleep. How else would he have not woken up for food at 3 am? But when I rushed to his room to check on him, he was awake and happy as a clam gurgling at his mobile.

My baby slept for 9 hours straight! Hallelujah! It's about time too... I was irked to learn that I started sleeping through the night at 20 days old. How lucky was my mom? (although I don't think that babies are supposed to go that long without food at 20 days, but whatev. I turned out ok.)

Dear Dylan,

Please continue sleeping through the night. I will buy you a pony for Christmas if you do so.

Love,
Mom

3 comments:

Angela and Mike said...

Wow, that's awesome! I hope he keeps it up. Even if he reverts back for a few days, he at least has shown you that he has the POTENTIAL of sleeping through the night. Wonderful.

Janna said...

I can't wait for that! I was so excited the other night that I got to sleep for an entire 3 hours - uninterrupted.

Anonymous said...

hey. i slept through the night the second i was brought home from the hospital. and that is the joke of the family. because my favorite past time is sleeping. i sleep a lot. i wish i was asleep right now. glad for you. GOOO danger.