Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Back to the Homeland (part 1).

At the end of May, Ben, Dylan, and I were able to fly to Indiana to spend some time with the familia. I had not been home since last December, so it was definitely time for a visit. Isn't it funny that ever after nine years of living in Utah, I still refer to Indiana as home? I think that it will always be home to me, no matter how long I'm away.

There are so many things that I miss about living in Indiana. Family is the obvious #1, but there's something about the feel of the surroundings and all the memories that are tied to nearly every corner of my hometown. I love it and I miss it. 

Ok, back to business- this post isn't meant to be a mushfest of how homesick feel, even after all these years in Utah.

 Dylan and I flew out of the Provo airport a few days before Ben. Even though I've flown alone with Dylan quite a few times, I always get a little nervous that he'll turn into a demon child on the flight. Luckily that was not he case- he was a model citizen on the plane and actually spent the first 30 minutes of the flight looking at the emergency flight manual- ha!
Dylan was very concerned about our safety.

We spent a few days at my parent's house- swimming, shopping, eating, and cousin time were all on the agenda. As mentioned before, Dylan is absolutely and completely obsessed with my dad. He loves his Pico so much and wanted to be with him all. day. long. We also spent time with one of our favorite people on the planet- Brent. 



After a few days in Indiana, we headed on to Ohio, which is where the fun continued....

Part 2 is coming soon.... and by soon I mean within the next week. My blogging skills are at an all-time low, I believe. 

No comments: