Thursday, June 13, 2013

A few things...

Let's start this post with a picture of the baby, shall we? He's so cute, I can hardly stand it. That chubby little face!

Ok, moving on...

There have been a few things that I've been loving over the past few weeks. If you didn't know, I'm off work on my maternity leave (12 weeks long- going back July 29) so I'm enjoying the time spent with my kiddos (plural! I have two kids! Crazy!) and not putting too much pressure on myself to do anything major (like get dressed before 11 am, for instance.)

Here are a few things I've been loving lately:
Oh goodness, this salad is to die for. I've never been one to choose salad when at a fast food joint, but this one is so amazing. I have a Wendy's very close to my house, and I may have gone to the drive through 3 times in the past week for this salad. It's just that good. My co-workers will be laughing at this one, because they know how obsessed I am with this salad. Yum.

While I'm on the food kick, can we please discuss the deliciousness that is the Chobani Key Lime Crumble flip? Holy amazing, this tastes just like really good key lime pie. I've already eaten one of these today, and I'm trying to convince myself not to eat another one until tomorrow. There are a few different kinds of flips, and I'm definitely going to pick some up the next time I'm at Target. 

It's no secret that I love, love, love to organize, and my linen closet was my latest victim. Things never looked terrible, but there was definitely some work to be done. I'm so proud of my efforts- everything is in its place and labeled. Sorry for the janky iPhone picture, but you get the idea. After finishing this project, I immediately sent this picture to my mom, since I knew that she would appreciate my organizing. 

I purchased the Summer Handheld Color Video Monitor just before Owen arrived, and life has been so much more easy and flexible with it. Owen sleeps so much right now, but I didn't want Dylan and I to be tied to the indoors during each of Owen's naps. This monitor has a range of up to 600 feet, so we have been able to play out in the yard with no worries that Owen would be needing me- I just take the handheld monitor out with me and we're good to go. 

What's this, you see? Yep, that's a big stack of paper plates. In my efforts to make my life easier during these early days as a mama of 2, I've fallen in love with the idea of using paper plates rather than dishes that I'll have to wash. Seriously, it makes things so easy, and I'm all about cutting corners these days! Why didn't I do this when Dylan was a newborn?

So there you have it, some of my recent faves. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

SO glad you opened with a picture of your adorable Owen. Can't wait to meet him!! Now I'm going to need to try that yogurt. Mmmm. And I've never been one for a monitor but I've been contemplating a video one this go around. Thanks for the tip on the one you love!