Monday, March 2, 2009

I get it, I get it.

Walgreens and I are usually good friends. Since we (meaning Walgreens and I) only live about 2 blocks away from each other, we get to see each other a lot. I’m guessing that I go once or twice each week to pick up essentials like deodorant, toothpaste, and candy.

Let me say, I was not pleased when the 24-hour Walgreens turned into a close-at-10pm Walgreens. It was a little irritating, but I got over it. By the way, the sign on the store still says 24-hours. Boo.

Anyway, I must get to my point, because I have one. The last time I went to Walgreens, I arrived at 9:45 pm. Here is the dialogue I had with one of their ever-pleasant employees:

Employee: Just so you know, we close in 15 minutes

Me: Thank you, I know.

Employee: (now following me to my isle) Ok, because we have to close soon.

Me: Thank you, I know.

The employee proceeded to keep me under her watchful eye for the remaining 4.5 minutes that I was in the store. Seriously, it’s like she thought that I was a shoplifter just waiting until almost closing time to rob them off their merchandise. OR maybe she thought that I was going to take my sweet time and take 40 minutes to pick out my face lotion and eye make up remover.

Either way, it was an unpleasant experience. Shape up Walgreens and stop hiring people who are rude. I get it. It’s 9:45 pm and you want to get out. Just let me shop in peace.

No comments: