Sunday, August 1, 2010

Cupcake time.

As most of you know, I have a slight, tiny love for cupcakes. When my pal Stacey informed me of a Cupcake Conference in Salt Lake a few weeks ago, I was super excited. It turned out to be kind of an exclusive event- there were only 50 tickets given and Stacey, Erna, and I were able to get three of them!

The conference was held in the Presidental Suite at the Grand America Hotel in Salt Lake. It was a great time full of cupcakes, socializing, prizes, and of course a swag bag!

The group met with the pastry chef for the Grand America and she told us all about her sugar coated job.
Also, there was a cameraman from channel 2 news. I did my best at dodging him, as I have proven to be incompetent on camera. Remember when I was on tv for the Scrapbook Expo and apparently my mouth was hanging open the entire time?

Here we are with our finished cupcakes... they tasted delish.

After spending some time in the kitchen we went back up to the Pres. Suite for some much needed socializing and the raffle prizes. Erna was the big winner out of the three of us.... she ended up winning two shirts and a fabulous gift basket from Dipidee.

I won a 12 pack of Pepsi Max (the new zero calorie version of Pepsi) and poor Stacey didn't win anything. Not to be dissapointed though... we all walked away with a neat swag bag which included coupons to some of my favorite cupcake spots!

It was a super fun night and I'm hoping that the Cupcake Conference becomes an annual event. Thanks Stacey for discovering the event!

3 comments:

stacey said...

I stole a couple pictures for my blog. :) Can you email me the one of the 3 of us? It was a fun night! Can't wait to use all our coupons for cupcakes!

Unknown said...

Sweet! That looks awesome. I can't stop thinking about cupcakes. Were they as good as cocoa bean?

sarahbclark! said...

that sounds wonderful! were you supposed to be bakery industry people or was for anyone who is a cupcake fan? 50 sounds like a pretty small number for an event that big.