Thursday, July 29, 2010

Holy creep out.

I just want to share some creepy ridiculousness that happened to me this afternoon.... emphasis on the creepy.

Right after I finished one of my work appointments I decided to stop my the Wells Fargo ATM by Orem Center Street. As I was pulling up to the ATM I noticed an old man walking across the parking lot toward the bank, but didn't really think anything of it. Right after I got my cash but before I pulled away from the machine I heard somone trying to open my passenger door. It was the old man!

He kept trying to open the door even though it was locked and it was not like I was going to unlock the door for him. I just looked at him and lifted up my hands as to say, "What are you doing?"

He didn't say anything but just kept standing there, trying to open my door. I rolled my back passenger window down a centimeter and asked him if there was something that I could help him with. Except I didn't say it in a helperish tone, rather an annoyed, angry tone.

He said, "Are you going north?"

I said, "Nope, I'm headed south." He just said, "Oh, ok."

With that I rolled up the window and drove away. I'm all for helping people, but I got the heebie jeebies from this guy. Seriously, who tries to open a stranger's car door unless they're 1. nutso or 2. trying to car-jack

Who knows if he was just a harmless old man... or more likely a mentally ill old man, but either way his methods of getting some help seriously creeped me out!

8 comments:

Angela and Mike said...

WHOA, that is a holy creep out! Yikes. I'm glad you were safe. NOT cool. I'm glad D wasn't in the car. My emotions always run extra high when it involves my child too! Be safe!

Taylor Kowallis said...

ahhh!!! Totally creepy!! Did you have Dylan with you??? I would have run over his foot or something!! GOod thing your doors were locked in the first place!!

Emily Nice said...

good thing your door was locked. I forget to do that often.

Terri and Jack said...

A great reminder to all to KEEP YOUR DOORS LOCKED!!! I'm glad you were kept safe.

Morgan said...

That is creepy! I hope he found his ride.

I had something similar happen, but I am pretty sure the guy's intention was to harm me or steal my car. I pulled up to a stop sign to get on the highway (east coast highways are dark and weird) and this guy was crouched down so I couldn't see. As soon as I came to a stop, he jumped up and grabbed my door handle (I was driving!) and started trying to open it. Luckily they were locked but I still hit the gas and took off. The guy ran off as well. It was really scary.

Sarah said...

ahhhh! (taylor stole my reaction) that is awful chrissi. i would have been creeped out the rest of the day!

Erin said...

Totally gross!!! You were brave to roll down your window. I would have sped off and called the police!!!

Kaley said...

Ok, that's freaky. Although I am proud of you for going to Wells Fargo! =) Sorry there are creepers outside... Don't worry. There aren't creepers at my branch- come here! Glad you're safe!