Sunday, November 13, 2011

Happy weekend.

This weekend held a number things that made me quite happy. For one, I got our photo cd back from Laura Bunker, photographer extraordinaire. Let me tell you, this shoot was quite difficult. Our photographer was great, I was in a great mood (especially since my fab hair stylist made a 6:30 am house call to style my hair that morning), and Ben was tolerating getting his picture taken. The only pain in the rear? Sweet Dylan Danger, of course. Little boy was not having it. I know, I know- he's a toddler, so photoshoot tantrums should be pretty much expected. And yes, there were tantrums. Oy. Here are a few snaps from our shoot:



In preparation for Christmas 2011, I have picked up new tree ornaments for our family. Here are some of the new pretties that will be joining our tree this year:
 For me {Pier 1}

 For Dylan {Disney Store}

For Benjamin {Hobby Lobby}


I also found this adorable wall art at Pier 1. The colors are perfect for my living room and kitchen, and I love the fun that this owl brings to my living room. Ben has yet to have noticed it hanging on our wall. I didn't tell him about it- I'm just waiting to see how long it takes for him to notice something new on the wall :)

Last, but not least, I must mention my new favorite: The green smoothie. Mind you, this smoothie is brown because of the raspberries I mixed in. For the past two mornings, I have had a green (or brown) smoothie for breakfast, and it has been amazing. A huge handful of spinach + one cup of frozen fruit + one banana + some ice and a little water = breakfast of champions. Let's hope that I can stay on this smoothie kick, because it's a super easy way to get my fruits and vegetables in, and it beats the heck out of cereal.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Christine-

I now have internet in the home and can comment again! Wahoo! Amazing pictures... worth every hair stylist fee and tantrum. Those are things that you will never look back on and say - should have saved a buck there.

Second,are you coming to see me?? We will be in Mesa until Friday and then the next week is Thanksgiving so let's plan. I should just come see you.

Third, green smoothies are the way to go. I always do them for breakfast or lunch (sort of as a meal replacement) when I am wanting to lose weight. It always works. Just make sure you have a snack with some fiber ready in the morning or afternoon because you'll get hungry and want carbs. They are great but don't seem to stay with you forever.

Fourth, I miss your face. Can we have an Indiana or whoever Christmas party so that I can drive up and see you??

Fifth, I just discovered that Henry too loves "the cowboy movie". I own ZERO Disney movies but am contemplating buying TS2 for Christmas. After Dylan liked it so much I borrowed if from a friend and even Macey likes it. (The second movie is great as there are no intense "bad guys" - we don't do bad guys yet)

That's all. I like you.

Kaley said...

You look beautiful!

Unknown said...

YOUR hiar looked beyond fabulous! Way to go on the hair appointment, the pictures look fun! I can't wait to see more of them! And I LOVE your christmas ornament!

Unknown said...

Are you kidding me??!!! Your family is picture perfect!! I 100% mean that!

Sarah said...

Amen to the smoothies. I add yogurt & protein powder. But that's just how I roll. Pretty, pretty pictures!!