Thursday, September 3, 2009

Boo for boy trips.

Ben left this afternoon to spend the holiday weekend in Indiana... without me. He and my dad are having a boy weekend full of golf and drag races. Ben is so excited, since his two favorite things (other than me of course) are golf and cars.

Where does that leave me? Well, I was invited to come this weekend, but my doctor said that it wouldn't be the best idea. I can't blame him- I'm 36 1/2 weeks along and I really need to start taking it easy.

Woe is me, I'm going to be alone for the next 5 days. Not quite sure what to do with myself either. I have a definite to-do list, but I'm overcome with loneliness. Seriously, I know that I'm lame. *I blame the loneliness on my PTSD that resulted after Ben was gone every weekend for a year and a half driving that blasted semi. Kidding. Mostly.

This weekend will consist of getting ready for baby- i.e. doing all his laundry, working on my fab mobile, getting some hospital pj's, buying blinds for his room, etc. Let's hope that I survive and don't go into pre-term labor with Ben 1500 miles away.

6 comments:

Ashley said...

I totally sympathize with you! My hubby is leaving this weekend to go to the BYU football game in Texas with his family. I’m also 37 weeks pregnant, so I will be staying at home. I also have a to-do list a mile long (because I haven’t had any motivation to do anything lately). I thought the nesting instinct kicked in about 2 weeks ago…but it only lasted for 2 days. It’s gone again…at least maybe that means I won’t go into labor while my husband is gone!

Unknown said...

Chrissi! Call me if you want any help! I would LOVE to help with the room or laundry or the mobile or anything else you can think of! I can come down there and help if you want! It sucks when the husband leaves! You probaly need a fancy cupcake or something!

Unknown said...

my number is 802-719-7244

Terri and Jack said...

I've been home all day alone too! Dad and Ben left at the crack of dawn, (I wasn't even NEAR awake), and it's after 9:00 pm and they are still not home! I told Ben that this was his weekend to get golfing out of his system before Dylan makes his arrival. HA.

sarahbclark! said...

i'm glad i get to see ben! but sad that i don't get to see you.

Suzie Soda said...

Well I hope you are ok while he is gone..I am sure you will be. Enjoy a few moments alone because before long you will have constant company:) Post pictures when you get the nursery done. I think it is great that Ben gets along with your dad so well.....very cool. xoxo