Sunday, September 6, 2009

Look who's going all healthy.

Seriously, mac and cheese. Not like it is anywhere near healthy now, but when I was making my dinner feast of mac and cheese (apparently I'm a single college boy), I noticed that the recipe had changed. No longer is it add the cheese, 1/4 cup milk, and 4 T. butter- it is now cheese, 3 T. fat free milk, 1/2 T. butter.

What?

I am by no means opposed to making things healthier, but I am surprised that mac and cheese succumbed to the healthy lifestyle pressure. Unfortunately, I didn't notice the change in the instructions until I had added my full-fat milk and butter portions. I succeeded in scooping out about 1 T of butter, which really didn't make much of a difference in taste.

Maybe next time that I have mac and cheese (which hopefully won't be for quite some time) I'll try the healthy option.... or probably not. I say don't mess with a good(ish) thing, like mac and cheese. If I wanted it to be healthy I would have bought the Lean Cuisine kind.

1 comment:

Sariah said...

lol Actually, I have always only added about a tablespoon or so to Mac N Cheese. It's a staple around here (just wait a couple of years, you'll understand), Rori asks for it every. single. day. Gotta love the single serving packages - I'll make a box once a week or so, but none of the rest of us want to eat it much more often than that, so she usually gets the single serving kind - with those you only add water. :)