Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Let the holiday season begin!

Despite what the majority of the American public may think, the holiday season does not begin with Thanksgiving... it begins with Halloween. That means... drumroll please... the holiday season has begun!

There is so much to look forward to over the next two months... let me tell you. And if you're me, there are two extra holidays during the season.

1. Veteran's Day
While Veteran's Day is obviously a perfect day to honor our Vets and thank them for all they have done for our country, there is also my personal excitement for the day. Veteran's Day = State holiday = no work for me = 4 day weekend! Score!

2. Thanksgiving
This year we will be heading to Denver for Thanksgiving. We weighed the options of driving vs. flying, but decided on flying in the end, since neither of us wanted to deal with a cranky baby in the car for 9+ hours. We're wimps who would much rather get on a 75 minute flight and call it good.

3. My birthday!
I can't believe that I'm going to be 26 next month! That's just one year away from my "scary" age. As a teen, I always thought that 27 was the first year that actually seemed old and now it's quickly approaching. What happens when you reach your scary age? Do I push the "scary" age back to 35 or do I just accept the fact that I'm getting older? Hmmm. Let's save all the contemplating for next year and enjoy 26!

4. Christmas
We're heading to Indiana for Christmas, so in a word Icannotwait! I haven't been home for Christmas since 2006 and I would say that it is definitely time!


5. Anniversary time!

Unfortunately we won't be together on our 6th anniversary, although I think we'll be ok. Since our anniversay is on December 28th, we're usually a little holiday'd out and make our anniversary celebrations low-key. Either way, it's fun that we're coming up on our 6th anniversary.

6. New Year's

Unfortunately, hubs and I won't be together for New Years, as I will still be Indiana and Ben will already be back in Utah. It's not fun being apart for New Year's, but I'm excited to spend a long holiday in Indiana.

So if you actually made it to the end of this post (sorry, it got a little long) then you realize how much there is to be excited about over the next two months! Wahoo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for this post. yes there is so much to look forward to in the next few months. and hopefully it approaches quickly!!! but not faster than my nursery readiness!!