Monday, April 2, 2012

Over the weekend.

Our weekend was lovely and low-key. Just the way I like them. 


A good chunk of the weekend was spent getting some wonderful spiritual guidance thanks to General Conference. I loved all of the words spoken, especially the words about the family. Such a great conference. Want to know more? Click here! 

I also tried out a few new recipes that I found on pinterest:
Creamy Bacon Carbonara

Olive Garden Breadsticks

The Carbonara was amazing, but the breadsticks didn't turn out like I hoped. Kind of like breadstick shaped bricks. Maybe it was because the yeast I used had a "best by" date of May 2010? Ummmmm yeah, I know. Kind of gross. Also, my KitchenAid doesn't have a bread hook attachment, so I think that the beater didn't do the best job at kneading the dough. I'll try again after I pick up a bread hook and some fresh ingredients.


I also got a lot of quality time with this little monkey:

Like I've said many times before, he is just a riot. Dylan is obsessed with the crossing guard's stop sign and always asks to hold "the octagon." Yes, that's right. My boy calls a stop sign an octagon. Genius or weirdo? You decide. I'll thank Jack Black for that one, as Dylan loves the following video:







There were many other happy parts of the weekend- playing with friends, enjoying beautiful pre-Sunday weather, and watching waaaaaayy too much Grey's Anatomy with Ben. It's a good life we have. 


*** And to those wondering, the play set took about 12 hours for the main part, 3 for the slide. Darn manual did not lie.

No comments: