Friday, June 29, 2012

Bachelorette Thoughts: The Awkwards.

By popular demand (meaning three of my friends have asked my thoughts on this), I have decided to share my thoughts on this season of The Bachelorette. Honestly, I was ecstatic when Emily was announced as the next Bachelorette- since day 1 of Brad's season (where she was a contestant, all you non-viewers) I labeled her Southern Barbie it looked like she could do no wrong. In my opinion, that thought has continued to this season with her as leading lady. 

I'm not going to try to fit all my thoughts, cheers, and jeers about this season of The Bachelorette to one post. There is simply too much to be said. Yes, I understand that I'm a little crazy for getting wrapped up in such a ridiculous reality show, but it's one of my guilty pleasures and I love it. 

Without further delay, I would like to introduce my post for today: The Awkwards. You know, the ridiculous people who do and say things that should not be said or done.


 I give my top 5 most awkward men for Emily's season of The Bachelorette:


5. Alessandro
This Brazilian Casanova didn't waste much time putting his foot in his mouth.
Oh, Alessandro. The odd hair. The word vomit ("You and your daughter are a compromise"). The mention of dating a cousin. Just too much weird.

4. Travis
Because bringing an Ostrich egg won't equal a freak flag, right?.
Honestly, this guy seemed really nice... just a tad strange. When is it ok to bring a giant egg on a first date, regardless of what type of metaphor you're trying to stick in there? That's right, never. 

3. Chris
Despite being only 25 ("I'm very mature!"), he has gotten into the final four. Emily must be seeing a whole lot more than the rest of us are, because I just don't see it.
Unfortunately, this man has gotten an edit that has been like nails on a chalkboard for me. High-strung, emotional, pouty, confrontational..... and he moves his head around a lot when he talks, which just puts me on edge. I'm sure he's really nice, yada, yada, but he kind of drives me bananas on the show. 

2. Kalon
Money can't buy everything. Not kindness, not class, not a wife. Too bad.
I get so irritated when "character" people get cast in this show rather than normal(ish) people. I've always compared Kalon to Ryan Phillippe's character Sebastian in Cruel Intentions, minus the niceness at the end.  


1. Ryan
Oh boy. There is so much to say about this one. I honestly wanted to like him because of his confidence and good looks, but every time he opened his mouth I wanted to punch him in the face. Let's get started.
The fashion choices.


The facial hair.

The crazy cow-lick hair. 

Poor guys... they go on reality TV to find love and/or attention (ok, mostly attention) and they get ridiculed by the likes of me and many others. I suppose they're asking for it if they go on a show like this, right?

4 comments:

Ashley said...

I've been dying to hear your thoughts - and you did not disappoint! I totally agree with everything you said and I was laughing until the very end. Seriously? What are some of these guys thinking? :-) Looking forward to your next post.

Kaley said...

I agree! I think Chris looks like a wolf. Something about his eyes. He's creepy and his emotional mess the other night was just embarrassing. Man up. And Ryan. Holy cow. I could not believe how manipulative he was! Even at the end when he was trying to talk her into keeping him! What a creep.

Hollie said...

I absolutely love the picture of Ryan in the girls size 14 tank top! Hahaha, when I saw him wearing that on the show I nearly choked on my popcorn! A grown man wearing that is just not right.

Terri and Jack said...

This post is HILARIOUS! I do not watch the show... (stopped after about the first 5 seasons)... but laughed all the way through this post and actually laughed out loud with the red eyes and the Seneca Crane comment. Good job!