Monday, September 17, 2007

The first cut is the deepest


So when I was younger, I fell deeply in love with a band. This was my first experience of loving music and becoming a 'superfan.' From the time I was 11 until the end of middle school, I loooooved the band Hanson. Yes, the brothers with the long hair. Anyway, I loved loved loved them even though I only had one other friend who openly loved them like me. Much, much later I had several friends tell me that they really loved Hanson too, but where too afraid to tell people for fear of getting teased. Lame-o. Anyway, the point of this brief history is that even though my love for Hanson faded post-middle school, I am loving them once again. Their new album- The Walk- is fabulous! Seriously, it's nothing like their Mmmbop stuff... it's quality music. And they've grown up, gotten married, and cut their hair. So don't be ashamed people, give Hanson a chance. If it helps, Jenna Fischer (Pam from The Office) loves Hanson too.

3 comments:

stacey said...

I was a HUGE Hanson fan too! That was the first CD I ever owned. Maybe I'll have to check out their new stuff. Thanks for the tip. :)

Lindsay Marie said...

Super fan? More like super dork! Haha, Just kidding. I love you and this post brought back fond memories of S Hall 223 when you played Hanson Christmas.

Miss you! XOXO

Terri and Jack said...

I loved your Hanson years, Chrissi! I had so much fun watching you adore them.