Saturday, September 29, 2007

It was a sad, depressing day



Ok, most of you know that I have 2 cats, Oscar and Moo, that I love very, very much. I don't have any kids, but the cats certainly occupy that place in my heart. Anyway, Moo is a year old and is not a typical cat. So sweet and loving, loves to be cuddled and held. Perfect little companion. I've noticed that in the past few days, Moo has been acting funny. Not social, lethargic, weight loss, etc. I decided to take him to the vet to see what was up. I only expected him to have a little bug or maybe an infection at worst, so I was not prepared for Moo's diagnosis. Apparently, Moo is thourght to havekidney failure, or CRF. How could this happen to my sweet little guy? The vet isn't 100% sure this is CRF, but I know that CRF is a terminal illness, and it's not known how long he will live. Could be months or years. So right now he's spending a few days at the vet for IV therapy. They're going to try and regulate some of his kidney levels so he'll feel a little better. There is no medication to cure this disease. Just diet suggestions, and occasional IV therapy, which can get very expensive. So please, please say a prayer for my little cat. I know not everyone is a cat person, but I am and I'm devastated to know that my Moo is very sick.

3 comments:

sarahbclark! said...

poor moo. i know he's like your own child.

Sariah said...

I'm sorry! Pets become part of our family and I know this must be
heart breaking for you! :(

I hope Moo feels better soon and continues to live a happy, comfortable life for as long as possible!

*hugs*

stacey said...

Aww Chrissi. I'm so sorry about Moo. I'm thinking about you and Moo and hoping for the best.