Saturday, September 22, 2007

My favorite things: A love story- part 1

The Twilight series. Such good books! I was a little skeptical when I first heard about them. I thought that reading a book about vampires would immediately put me in a "Dungeons and Dragons"- like category, but oh my, I was sooo wrong. These books are so well written and make any female fall completely in love with Edward Cullen. I tried to get Benjamin to read them, and he laughed at me. A lot.




Kelly Ripa. I think that she is absolutely adorable, and I'd love to know her. She has such a cool life- living in NYC, neato job, gorgeous husband and kids, and the cutest clothes ever! I don't know how much is just tv and how much is really her, but she seems to have the cutest personality too. Until I started working 9-5, I would tune into Live every morning to see what she was wearing and I would try to replicate it with my wardrobe. Rarely did my limited closet allow me to closely replicate her outfit, but it gave me more than a few ideas.


Ranunculuses... or ranunculi? Whatever they're supposed to be called, I love them. Such pretty, happy flowers. I have 2 bunches of fake ones that I got from Anthropologie... one in my kitchen, one in my office. I considered getting myself a little garden or at least a few flower pots and trying to grow them, but I realized 2 things:
1. It's almost October, which is when things start to die. Maybe in the spring?
2. I'm a plant killer. I forget to water them, prune them, or I just let my cats eat them.


My bed! In the almost 3 years that I've had my bed, I have not encountered another bed that is nearly as comfortable. I need to thank Benjamin for this one. Right before we got married, I sent him on the bed- finding mission. He went to Down East home and found a perfectly good California King pillow top mattress set that had gotten it's protective plastic torn on the way to a furniture store, thus negating any warranties and whatnot it had. This meant that it was dirt cheap. Best purchase ever!

2 comments:

sarahbclark! said...

i'm totally a plant killer too! the only thing i've been able to keep alive is our bamboo plant, and that's only because T waters it occasionally. but yeah, i tried to have a big flower pot on my porch with lots of pretty things. now it's just a big flower pot with a bunch of dead stuff.
i laughed out loud when you said that you let your cats eat them!
in summary, it's good that you know you're a plant killer instead of being ignorant to that fact.

sarahbclark! said...

and hahaha, i see your blankie peeking out from behind the pillows in the picture of your bed!