Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Happenings at work


The other day at work, one of my co-workers walked into my office. We talked for a minute, then she paused to listen to my online radio station, wrinkled her nose and said, "Who are you listening to, George Michael?" I answered, "No, it's Elton John." Long pause. "Ummmm ok, see ya later," she said and left my office. That little interaction made me think. What's wrong with a 23 year old liking Elton John? Nothing. My love for Elton runs deep- for as long as I can remember, my dad has liked Elton John and played his cd's in our home. In fact, some of my fondest memories of growing up were waking up on a Saturday morning to the sounds of Elton John, Billy Joel, Eric Clapton, and the like playing on the family room stereo Even now I get really happy and excited when I hear any of my dad's music on the radio, even if I have to listen to the "soft hits" station to hear it.

5 comments:

The Clems said...

Elton John is in my top 5 artist of all time! I get made fun of all the time by my friends. I loved when they had him on american idol a few seasons ago! I would love to meet him!

stacey said...

Hello?! Tiny Dancer is one of my favorite songs EVER! Elton John rocks! I also have a very fond place in my heart for Journey and Bon Jovi because I associate them with my dad. :)

Terri and Jack said...

I am so glad that you have those memories. Elton John and Billy Joel are great musicians- and you will forwever associate their music with our home -- and your daddy. Dad and I were at a SA dance on Saturday night- and dad had almost requested the "Cowboy" song... but now, because he always associates it with you and Sarah... he gets choked up when he hears it. What a great Dad :)

~Aimee~ said...

That's weird. I LOVE Elton John and George Michael, and so on and so forth.

sarahbclark! said...

i have the same thoughts as you, chrissi. billy joel and elton john will always remind me of dad! and don henley too.