Saturday, March 6, 2010

I knew it!

I knew that I had to be in the wrong line of work. Not that I hate my job or anything, but it definitely has its ups and downs. Working with dysfunctional people day after day (talking about my clients, not my co-workers- haha) can begin to wear on you. Especially now since I have Dylan, I realize that it's not that hard to take care of your baby's needs. Tiring, but not hard. I'm much less tolerant of junky parents now that I see what goes into being a good parent.

Anyway, I took the Dewey Color System Career Test to see what line of work I should be in. Here are my results:

Best Occupational Category

You're a CREATOR

Keywords
Nonconforming, Impulsive, Expressive, Romantic, Intuitive, Sensitive, and Emotional
These original types place a high value on aesthetic qualities and have a great need for self-expression. They enjoy working independently, being creative, using their imagination, and constantly learning something new. Fields of interest are art, drama, music, and writing or places where they can express, assemble, or implement creative ideas. CREATOR OCCUPATIONS
Suggested careers are Advertising Executive, Architect, Web Designer, Creative Director, Public Relations, Fine or Commercial Artist, Interior Decorator, Lawyer, Librarian, Musician, Reporter, Art Teacher, Broadcaster, Technical Writer, English Teacher, Architect, Photographer, Medical Illustrator, Corporate Trainer, Author, Editor, Landscape Architect, Exhibit Builder, and Package Designer.
CREATOR WORKPLACES
Consider workplaces where you can create and improve beauty and aesthetic qualities. Unstructured, flexible organizations that allow self-expression work best with your free-spirited nature.
Suggested Creator workplaces are advertising, public relations, and interior decorating firms; artistic studios, theaters and concert halls; institutions that teach crafts, universities, music, and dance schools. Other workplaces to consider are art institutes, museums, libraries, and galleries.


2nd Best Occupational Category

You're a PERSUADER

Keywords:
Witty, Competitive, Sociable, Talkative, Ambitious, Argumentative, and Aggressive
These enterprising types sell, persuade, and lead others. Positions of leadership, power, and status are usually their ultimate goal. Persuasive people like to take financial and interpersonal risks and to participate in competitive activities. They enjoy working with others inside organizations to accomplish goals and achieve economic success.

 Ummm, yeah... I don't see social worker on there.  Don't worry- I'm not going to put tons of stock into this test, but it was nice to see what my supposed "best occupations were." And I'd have to agree- most of the occupations seem really interesting to me. Minus lawyer. Vom.

Not to worry- I don't foresee a change in career anytime soon. 

Take the test and tell me if you're in the right line of work, or if you should change! 

1 comment:

Lissagerl said...

I took the test and had the exact same results as you. Considering that I was also in the same field you are, I wonder what that means??? Are all of us social workers in the wrong field? :)