Friday, March 26, 2010

On the fence.

One of my favorite books, Something Borrowed, is being made into a movie! Yay! This book is such a fun read and has some great characters. It even made me love the name Dexter, which prior to reading this book conjured images of little nerdy boys. Now it makes me think of Josh Duhmel types. Yum.

My one concern is the casting. Of course. Ginnifer Goodwin will be playing Rachel, which I think will be a great choice. Ethan will be played by John Krasinski- yay!

And then there's Darcy. In my eyes the most important role to nail on the head, since she is described so thoroughly and I definitely already had a Darcy formed in my mind. I just found out that Darcy will be played by Kate Hudson. Hmmm. She's definitely not what I would imagine Darcy being, but I'll have a little faith and wait for the movie to come out to truly decide. While I like Kate Hudson, I always pictured a brunette, kind of like VS girl Miranda Kerr.


Any Something Borrowed fans out there? What you do you think about the casting choices?

Read the article on Kate's casting here.

2 comments:

{lizzythebotanist} said...

i read all these books and surprisingly liked them. but now when i hear dexter all i think of is a serial killer. a very cute serial killer. i didn't know they are making a movie-i'm excited!

stacey said...

I loved these books! I hadn't heard any of the casting had been finalized so this is good to know. I'm sort of "eh" about Kate Hudson. I don't love her but I don't hate her. I always pictured Darcy as someone like Briget Moynahan. I think I'm going to have to re-read the books soon. I wonder if they'll do one or all of them?