Friday, October 1, 2010

Decoration day.

I am so excited that it is finally October. Cooler temps (ideally... but I'm aware that since I live in Utah it will probably be 80 degrees one day and snow the next), fall time treats, and gearing up for Halloween are all things I am looking foward to.

Since it is October 1st, I feel that it is perfectly acceptable to start with the Halloween decorating. I've been ready to decorate since mid September, but Ben thinks that it's ridiculous to decorate so early, so I decided to let him win this one and agreed no decorations until October. We also have this same conflict in November when I'm ready to set up the Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving. *eye roll*

I'm excited to use the same decor that I've been using for the past few years, but I'm also excited to have a few new additions to the Halloween decor in the Harris house.

Here are two that I'm planning on making:

As posted yesterday, I'm going to make this adorable candy corn wreath. It seems very simple, but I'm wondering how many candy corns will make it to the wreath and how many I will be eating.

These glitter pumpkins are super easy and super cute. I remember making one of these during a RS enrichment night, but I want to have a whole pumpkin arrangement.

1 comment:

Angela and Mike said...

I still have my glitter pumpkin! haha.