Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Skankification.

There are a few things that I could blog about today. 

I could post about the celebrity couples that are now dunzo and how it really bugs me for some reason. 

I could also post about my traumatic experience on Saturday evening when I went to the grocery store and almost smacked right into a foster parent that I had previously worked with and had a very awful experience with. Things between me and this foster parent had ended very terribly and I wished for nothing more than to never encounter this foster parent and their spouse again. Yep, it was that bad. As soon as I saw this foster parent, I turned my cart right around and headed straight for the checkout even though I was only partly finished with my grocery shopping. Cowardly? Maybe. I just did not want to risk interaction with this person. Anyway, that's not what I'm looking to post about today. 

What I want to discuss is the current trend of adult female Halloween costumes. Apparently it is all the rage to take any uniform or character, skankify it and call it a "sassy" whatever and call it good. 

You know, Sassy Sailor, Sassy Alice in Wonderland, etc. Blah blah blah. Roll my eyes and move on.

But then I saw this:
Seriously? Skankifying Big bird? Too weird for me.

Any Halloween ridiculousness that you have seen? Please share.

3 comments:

Terri and Jack said...

I totally agree with you, Chrissi! Going into the Halloween store can be tricky. Trying to avoid the hyper sexed up costumes gets more difficult every year.

sarahbclark! said...

i know! it's like the choices are: sexy nurse, slutty robin hood, naughty girl scout, and a pumpkin.

Kaley said...

Umm...yeah, halloween costumes are sad. But WHO'S DUNZO? That's what I'm more interested in! I'm so behind on my celebrity gossip!