Thursday, September 15, 2011

In denial.

It seem like it was just yesterday that I was pregnant with Dylan. I was absolutely miserable toward the end of my pregnancy. Heat + ridiculous swelling + 9 months of pregnancy took a toll on me. Despite my discomfort, I was always so excited for Dylan to come into our family. And now, here we are almost two years later. 

I cannot believe that Dylan is about to turn two. That he's running and jumping and talking and having opinions about things. Sometimes it just blows my mind that when I ask him if he wants oatmeal or a waffle for breakfast he stops to think and actually chooses what he wants. My baby boy is able to think about things and make choices! When did this happen?

When I look back on the past two years somethings seem worlds away. The sleepless nights when I truly thought that I was going to lose my mind from sleep deprivation. The night when Dylan rolled over for the first time- Ben and I were so ecstatic as we called our parents to tell them the news. Even when Dylan took his first steps when he was almost one- all of these things seem like they were just so long ago. 

And now, here we are- my little baby is almost two. I am in denial. As fun and exciting as all of these great new developments are, it is always bittersweet, because I realize that my little baby is actually becoming a little boy. 

Things like potty training and a big boy bed are suddenly on my radar and I'm not sure that I like it. Can he just stay little, just for a while longer? Is it silly that I want to keep him in his crib for as long as possible?

Dylan is becoming such a little person with definite interests. He wants to do exactly what his dad is doing, which is adorable. He loves cars, motorcycles, and his putter. He has started wearing a plastic fireman's helmet because it looks like the hardhat that his "guys" have. I die.

Enough of my blubbering for now. Here are a few recent pictures of my baby that insists on growing up. 


_________________________________________________________________________________
Also, thanks to everyone for their advice on my spaghetti sauce and salsa questions. I'll be trying out some new kinds this week!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

its so crazy how the time goes. i miss the baby stage too. but being able to have a full on conversation with your little one is amazing. mr. danger is so adorable by the way.

Lori said...

It's way crazy how big he is!!!! Taylor will be four, I'm freaking out! I cried when Payton turned one. Two is fun and he is going to learn a ton this next year!

sarahbclark! said...

when i saw this, the first words that jumped out at me before i read it were "in denial" and "pregnancy". guess what thought ran through my head?