Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Labor Day Love.

Labor Day was spectacular for a number of reasons. Let me list them for you.

1. After being out of town for the weekend, Ben was finally home! Dylan missed him a lot and asked for him at least 10 times each day that he was gone. 

2. Ummmm no work, 'nuff said.

3. I went to the gym and ran on the dang treadmill. Oddly enough, I think that I'm starting to like running. Right now I'm running for two miles, four times each week. I'm hoping to bump it to two and a half miles by the end of next week.

4. Went to Barnes and Noble alone and was able to read magazines for awhile. This is truly one of my favorite things to do- grab a People, US Weekly, and a few others, find a chair and flip through them for a good 30-40 minutes. I also bought a few books for Dylan, and I think he's really going to like this one:
5. We went to the Scera pool for the first time this year, on the last day of the pool season. We were able to get in for free and Dylan was in heaven. Everything was fabulous until someone put their child in the pool without a swim diaper on and they pooped in the pool. That's when we left. 

6. Later on, Ben was wanting something sweet, so we headed over to The Chocolate for some cake to take home. My favorite is the Kitty Katrina-white cake with white icing. It may have negated any calories burned on my run, but who cares? It was a holiday, and calories don't count on holidays. Or weekends. Riiiight.


7. I stopped by Nordstrom (remember, it is my happy place) to scout out a new face moisturizer, as my current moisturizer is crap. I met the nicest salesman at the Kiehl's counter and he hooked me up with samples of numerous brands to try before buying. Which brings me to my next point...

8. I signed up for Birchbox. This is a beauty product junkie's dream. For $10 each month I receive a box of deluxe beauty samples from all sorts of fancy brands. Words cannot express how excited I am for my first Birchbox to arrive. 

And there you have it. Now, back to work!

2 comments:

Lindsay Marie said...

sounds like a fabulous day! that cake looks awesome. and i LOVED that book when I was little!

Jo-Dan said...

Ummmm... did you really find "There's a monster at the end of this book"? I have been looking for it everywhere!