Friday, January 27, 2012

Currently...

Reading
Girls... this book is hilarious. I'm about 2/3 through the book and I love it. Funny stories about Mindy Kaling and how she came to be an adult, professional writer, actress. 

Painting
I just picked up this happy color on my last Target run. It's Essie's Play Date. The color is  bright without being obnoxious or teeny popper looking. I think the main thing I loved about this color was how it reminded me of springtime. If you haven't noticed, I am officially over winter. 

Listening
I think that this album was released sometime around 2007, but I'm just now discovering the loveliness that is Missy Higgins. Thanks to Pandora internet radio for helping me stumble upon her. 

Eating
A few weeks ago while watching The Biggest Loser they were making a yummy dinner of stuffed peppers. I've been thinking about it a lot, and I finally got around to making them on Wednesday night. They were delicious! I'm still getting used to ground turkey, as I keep thinking that it should taste just like ground beef (newsflash: it doesn't, but that's not a bad thing). The recipe was quick, easy, and healthy to boot. Get the recipe here. 

Coveting
J Crew has the most chic, gorgeous pencil skirts around. I've been dying to purchase one of the No. 2 pencil skirts, but alas, the price tag of  $120 is a lot more than I'm willing to spend. Anyone want to contribute to my pencil skirt fund? I think that I'd be more willing to spend a pretty penny on skirts if I wore them every day for work, but I usually only wear them on Sundays to church, or occasionally to court if the mood strikes me. The price per wear is not low enough to justify.... darn you family budget. 


Alright friends, I've had it with my lame "picture and a little blurb" posts. I promise that I'll be writing something of substance in the near future... or at least something that actually documents the life of me and the fam... or maybe just a legit question/opinion about things? I dunno. 

3 comments:

sarahbclark! said...

i read that book last week, loved it!
and "like" to everything in this post. :)

The Clems said...

You are a great nail painter! I might hire you!

Mickelle said...

Great book- listened to the audio version on my trek to Arkansas! Also love the nailpolish and LOVE the jcrew pencil skirts. I feel the same pain. Oh life