Thursday, April 17, 2008

Scrapper in training?

Tomorrow morning I am waking up at 5 am. Why would I choose tomorrow morning to be the earliest I have woken up in over a year? Am I catching an early morning flight? Am I going to the 5:45 am spin class at 24? No, no. I am going to the Scrapbook Expo. Do I scrap? No. Do I intend to become a full-fledged scrapper? No. Two of my co-workers, Allison and Jaime, are very active scrappers. From the beginning of my time at DCFS, both Allison and Jaime have insisted (A & J: I almost typed reported, not insisted. Looks like I've been documenting too many things at work) that I would make a great scrapbooker. I'm not so sure. Although I do love to look at other people's scrapbooks and I luuuuve the cute paper at Robert's Crafts, I'm not sure if I have it in me to be a bona fide scrapper. Here are my reasons why:

1. I'm flighty. Don't worry, I've accepted this trait. The Color Code affirms this, as I am a super-yellow. Yellows are flighty and have a terrible time committing to any requiring long-term effort. Like scrapbooking.

2. I'd rather spend my money on clothes and shoes than on stamps, die cuts, etc. Seriously, scrapbooking is not a cheap hobby. It's like golf, only it's not considered a sport. Yet.

3. The thought of trying to scrap the past 23 years of my life gives me serious anxiety. It's true.

Despite these reasons, I am willing to give the Scrapbook expo a chance. Really. If nothing else, I will spend my day happy as a clam making awesome cards. You know I love making cards.

In case anyone is wondering, I am waking up at 5 in order to get to the Southtowne expo center at 6. Even though the doors don't open until 9, Allison and Jaime insist that it is hugely beneficial and fun to be one of the first few in line. I'm skeptical, but I'm willing to give it a chance.

2 comments:

Jess said...

ahh I wish I was going! Have so much fun!

mckay said...

YOU LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT DIDN'T YOU?