Sunday, September 14, 2008

Should I be flattered?

Yesterday I got a knock at my door. I opened it and saw a 12 year old kid looking back at me.

"Are your parents home?" he asked.

"Nope, they don't live here," I answered. I just stared at him and waited for him to connect the dots. It only took about 5 seconds of staring at each other, saying nothing.

"So this is your house," he concluded.

He then tried to sell me something, which I promptly shot down (this is great progress for me, as I used to feel obligated to buy stuff from anyone selling door-to-door junk).

Seriously, do I look young enough to be living with my parents? I'm a little flattered to be thought of as young, but a little irritated all the same.

6 comments:

Adventures in Healing said...

I think you look young enough...but only if that doesn't irritate you. =)

Terri and Jack said...

Chrissi- you really don't look THAT much different than you did when you were 17 or 18. You were beautiful then, and you are beautiful now.

~AnnaMarie~ said...

I personally would be hugely flattered, but rest assured that no one will be telling me that any time in this lifetime. I hit 30 this year and I look every day of it.

Angela and Mike said...

nah, just be flattered :)

J said...

That happens to Stafford and I all the time. People think we are brother and sister to our own kids! I just figure there are more and more 20 somethings living at home right?

Melissa Butler said...

i'm jealous, i don't think i could pass for young anymore... so live it up!