Monday, September 29, 2008

The struggle, among other things.

First thing's first, let me address the struggle. This refers to Ben desperately wanting a dog (not just any dog- a boxer) and me refusing to add another pet to our home. I would rather gain 20 pounds than have a dog. Ben asks for a dog every dang day.

Must not give in.

Life has been great otherwise. Hung out with some girlfriends on Friday night- they're no longer vfriends, they're rfriends. I love having conversations with these girls- hermaphrodites, dental exams, family drama... no conversation is off-limits.

In pet news, Moo was stung by a bee yesterday. The bee flew in our front door, and Moo pounced on it. Seconds later, Moo yelped and ran away shaking his paw. Poor little dear.

And there you have it.

9 comments:

stacey said...

I had so much fun Friday! I think we should make that a monthly thing. :)

Morgan said...

What did you guys do? Totally jealous.

Terri and Jack said...

Chrissi- you are so entertaining! And you are right... YOU MUST NOT GIVE IN! Just remember.. housebreaking- chewing on your new furniture- doghair- etc etc etc.

motivated said...

It was so fun hanging out with you! I couldn't believe it was 1am when I checked my phone.
Abt the dog- we have a boxer- and she IS a lot of work. Thank goodness we got her at 8 mos, she was already house-broken, but all I can say is if you do get a dog, crate-train them! I don't know what we'd do without crate-training. Our house would be a wreck (even more than it is now). But in all seriousness, if you're not a dog person, it will be a huge adjustment. Our dog is VERY needy, but I love her to death, but ask Erin- (since she house sat for us once) boxers can get VERY hyper and whiny. But we love ours!! :) :) :) :)

sarahbclark! said...

jealous also.

Erin said...

You should be. It was fun! Despite me falling asleep!

The Millet's said...

I am soooo in next time. Sad things happened making it a not so great time for me to skip out and go. But I agree with the monthly comment. hooray

Anonymous said...

jealous too, but i may be too "irreverant" for your friends. ps what is vfriends and rfriends? where do I lie?

Ryan said...

DOGS are awesome. you must give in. Dogs are way cooler than cats. They can do things and from other Boxers that I know they are really good dogs. Get on KSL.com and I'm sure you can find one that is about a year old where they are already potty trained and have basic obediance classes. Yep I just looked there are plenty of them.