Monday, November 24, 2008

All I want for Christmas...

Is DVR.

Please, my dear husband? If you don't want to make it a Christmas present, make it a birthday present. Or better yet, and anniversary present. Luckily all three of these holidays fall within 20 days of each other.

This December holiday arrangement is usually frustrating, because I'm usually too holiday-d out from Thanksgiving, birthday, and Christmas to care about my anniversary. No, this year I'm excited, because that means that my likelihood of getting DVR drastically increases than say, getting one in the month of February.

I'm tired of staying up until 11 to watch The Hills. I'm tired of all the stinking commercials during The Biggest Loser. I don't want to plan my evenings around tv shows. Just give me DVR!


ps- I realize it's been like 50 years since I last posted pictures of myself, other than my nasty foot. I'll get to working on face pictures.

6 comments:

Ashley said...

You're so funny! I always joke that DVR has saved my marriage. lol...my marriage really is safe without it, but truly I do love DVR! Jared can get through a football game in less than 2 hours (rather than the 4 it would take him to watch it without DVR) and if I need to ask him a question, he can just pause the game without worrying about missing a play. I love knowing that I'm not missing any of my shows. But clearly I don't need to tell you why a DVR is so great...you already know. I'm just saying I completely understand why you want one…and no, I’m not saying that your marriage needs saving either.
:-) DVR really just make life so much sweeter.

The Clems said...

dvr is the best invention ever! i cannot live without mine. i hope you get one soon!

sarahbclark! said...

yeah, i can't believe that you don't have it yet. get with the times, ben!

Unknown said...

Chrissi! Hey..sorry i'm just now returning your comment, i'm still trying to figure out this whole new world of blogging! But Indiana is really fun, it's so nice to be back. When you and Ben come to visit we should all go out!

Jake and Em said...

DVR is God's gift to TV Watchers!!! I haven't watched a commercial since 2005! HOpe your dream comes true!

Sarah said...

Ben...give in. It is AMAZING! I can't believe you sit through Biggest Loser. You are one devoted fan. Every time I watch that show the words "I love DVR & I don't know what I'd do without it" come out of my mouth.