Monday, November 3, 2008

Weekend roundup & upcoming events

The weekend was really, really fun. Pumpkins turned out fabulous- Ben actually carved one this year, rather than refusing like last year.

Halloween itself was a great day. Started things with kickboxing class at 24 hour fitness- we kicked to "Thriller" and the Ghostbusters theme song. Then I voted for the first time EVER. Yay for me! I'm being a responsible citizen!

The rest of the weekend continued to be great- dinner and bowling with Evan and Jamie Kleinhenz, Day of the Dead party with the Anderson's... it was a really fun time.

I wish the coming weekend could be as fun as last weekend, but I don't think that's going to happen... which leads to the "upcoming events" portion of my post.

In 3 days... actually like 2 days and 23 hours... I will have my dreaded foot surgery. Actually, I shouldn't gripe, since this surgery is 100% elective. Anyway, I'm having a bunionectomy (not sure if that's the real word for it) to get rid of the nasty bun on my right foot. I'm taking almost 2 weeks off work for recovery and my mom is coming to Utah to take care of me! Thanks momma! Also, I'll be spending 6 days in Indiana during my recovery, so I can be drugged up and whatnot on my parent's couch.

Wish me luck on my surg...hopefully I don't die. Not like I would, but I had to make my hope known. Feel free to visit me post-surg, since I do love visitors (as long as my house is clean).

Also, here's a little gem from Benjamin. When describing a specific person he doesn't like, Ben said, "He has the emotional maturity of a rhinocerous. " Ahhh Benjamin, you keep me young.

4 comments:

Lindsay Marie said...

good luck chrissi! love you. it was fun to catch up on friday.

Angela and Mike said...

Good luck with your surgery! Keep us updated on how it went. We'll be thinking of you.

Adventures in Healing said...

Good luck!!!

Adventures in Healing said...

And hey...you know the Roses? They live the next street over from me!