Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter Weekend.

I really would like to post a whole narrative on how our Easter weekend was, but I simply don't have the energy. I'll jot down a few bullets and thoughts, but I think that's about as good as it's going to get. Please know that we had a wonderful easter.  Deep breath. 


-Friday I was able to hang out with a friend that I hadn't seen since I was pregnant with Dylan. Courtney was one of my best friends at BYU and was a bridesmaid in my wedding. She now lives in Seattle and has two darling boys.

-Friday I was able to host a graduation party for my lovely friend Kaley. It was a really nice evening, although it was a little strange having people I didn't know come to my house for a party- I had to regularly remind myself that the party was not for me, and that's why I didn't know everyone. All of the people that I met were very nice- Kaley's got some great friends!

-Saturday Ben, Dylan, and I finally went to the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point. It would have been great, except the weather was awful and only about 20% of the tulips were bloomed. I was so happy that Ben asked the ticket people for a raincheck- they ended up giving us a refund and asked us to come back in a week or two.

-Sunday was a wonderful, relaxing day. Dylan was able to enjoy his first Easter basket, which was very fun to watch. Once he figured out that there was candy in the eggs he would not stop saying "A-pee" (open) when he was trying to open his eggs. Here are some pictures of our day:





 Attempt at self-timer on the camera before church. 

-Sunday night I made an Easter dinner of pot roast (I'm not a big fan of ham), mashed potatoes, and sunshine carrots. Somehow my mashed potatoes went horribly wrong and it ended up looking like lumpy potato soup. Cooking fail.

No comments: