Friday, July 16, 2010

Basement before & after part 1.

While my mom was in town we decided that my basement tv room/office/craft area would be our project for the week. The room was a dark, wood-paneled dungeon with absolutely no charm.... just ugly. Also, our furniture arrangement was not helping anything, nor was our lack of entertainment center.

Here is the fugly before:

The old tv and Lazy Boy were left at the house by the old owners. We have no use for the old tv, but Ben has fallen in love with "Dead Lady Chair" as we lovingly call it. For some reason Ben won't let me DI it, but please know that I have plans in the works for new furniture options. You will see a smattering of home decor pieces that we've picked up throughout the past few years. I didn't really know what to do with them, so why not put them all over the basement, right?

Anyway, here is the much lighter, brighter after:

Still a work in progress, but sooooo much better. Two gallons of Behr's Swiss Coffee paint, and a trip to Ikea and Tai Pan later, we had a room that was much more livable and much less depressing.

I'm still working on the other side of the room.... this side:
I'll share part two of the basement overhaul after I get some much-needed organization done.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

great job!!!! i'm very impressed.

stacey said...

I love it! It looks great!

Unknown said...

oh my gosh, incredible!!!!!!!!

Taylor Kowallis said...

looks GREAT Chris!! Good job!!

sarahbclark! said...

what's tai pan? the room looks great, chrissi. sooo much better!