Friday, July 23, 2010

I can't make this stuff up.

Alright, this is my no means a recent event, but for some reason it came to mind when I woke up today.
At our wedding reception, instead of having a guest book we put little cards onto each of the dinner tables and requested that each guest write me and Ben a piece of marital advice and then sign their names. Most of the notes were really sweet, such as:

Oh how I love you guys! Watching you guys at your wedding and the reception made me so happy and I can't wait till my day comes! You guys are awesome and so perfect for each other. Ben, take careof my Chrissi or I'll kill you. Chrissi, do what you will Ben, he's all yours! Ha! I love you guys and keep in touch! (Taylor Kowallis)

or this one....


Our advice: Hold hands, be adventurous, keep dating, always hold hands, stay out of debt, work hard, say what's on your mind, then say sorry, but always hold hands. (Brian Kriddle)

But this one was something else. I have no idea who wrote this one or what kind of advice they were trying to give... all it did was give me the creeps!

The only things I can say is what I know. Since I've never been married (nor do I ever see myself so because of my transgressions...) Always keep the Lord in your life without him you cannot survive-- physically, spiritually, for very long. I've died long ago spiritually and slowly now physically. Never forget the Lord who sent you.

Ummmm, thanks?

6 comments:

Jasmyn said...

Creepy! Is that supposed to be encouraging? :)

Amber said...

okay, that is a little off...but fun to laugh at now! I don't think they understood the purpose of the notes....

Taylor Kowallis said...

yea thats strange but Im sure who ever it was ment well! Just got carried away in the moment!!
Awe I remember writing that note too!! And not too long later I got married!! We love you guys! Miss you tons!

Sarah said...

What?!?! have you & ben racked your brains trying to think of who wrote this? poor guy.

The Clems said...

nooooooo wayyyyyy! creepy for sure!

Anonymous said...

that was from me.