Saturday, March 19, 2011

Oh dear, here we go.

Today is a momentous day in my life- I'm officially giving up my beloved DDP, along with all other soda. I'm not sure whether this will just be a temporary goodbye or a lasting decision, but one thing is for sure: My soda intake has got to go. 

It's not like I drink a horrendous amount of soda each day- usually 2 cans, but after talking to my favorite weight-loss diva Allison I have learned all about the negative effects of diet soda. 

It is with a heavy heart that I say adios to my favorite drink for at least 7 days. How sad it it that I'm feeling all sorts of apprehension about giving up a stupid drink for a week? 

Now I need something to take over the habit of drinking something fun... Crystal Light, here I come. 

3 comments:

{lizzythebotanist} said...

congrats on giving up soda! it's a hard battle, but you can do it.

and, i have to mention that crystal light isn't much better than diet soda...it's full of aspartame (the same artificial sweetener in diet soda). what about water? i know, i know, boring. but add a little lemon or strawberry. it's sooooo good for you! i find that i drink a lot more when i have a straw, so go buy yourself a cute camelback water bottle (the kind with a straw) and drink up!

sarahbclark! said...

i was just about to say the same thing about crystal light and aspartame! diet rite actually has no aspartame, i think. but water is awesome. i drink it like it's going out of style.

Anonymous said...

YAY!! no ddp. it sucks bad. but so worth it. and i HATE water. so much. but after a few days of not drinking anything. you will learn to like it. and i agree 100%. you MUST get an amazing water bottle that works for you. i have tried at least 10 billion and finally found the perfect one. i can't believe i convinced you. i must be an amazing sales person.