Friday, August 5, 2011

Rules to live by.

According to me, at least. 


1. When it doubt, wear black
I don't know how many times I've been trying to get ready for work and needed to wear something nice for court. After standing in front of my closet, paralyzed by indecision, I always choose black. And you know what? It always works. 


2. Always keep a set of tweezers in your car.
Hooooooly cow. I don't know what it is about the natural light in your car, but whenever I flip down my visor mirror I end up seeing about 50 things that I did not notice in my bedroom mirror. Namely stray eyebrows. Keep some tweezers handy so you can be rid of the offending eyebrow and not look like Frida Kahlo.


3. Never get a tattoo that can't be easily hidden.
As if this really must be said- sometimes tattoos can be an extreme turn-off to and employer or customers. It could hinder you getting a job. If you choose not to abide by my blanket rule of "Don't get tattoos, period" (as I am not a tattoo person), please don't get tattoos on your hands, face, or neck. 
True story: I had a client at work who had "I'm for real, baby" tattooed on his neck. No wonder why he couldn't get a job. 

4. Never get a tattoo of your special someone's name. 
Because you will inevitably break up. 

What are some of your rules to live by?

1 comment:

Sarah said...

that Mariah tattoo picture is awesome.

AMEN to the tweezers rule. I've always wanted others' thoughts on it because I wasn't sure if I was the only one with this insight. NOPE!! Too bad I don't actually have a pair in my car. I always tell myself I should when I look in the mirror. But I do keep diapers & wipes in the car. Never know when you might need that.

Another rule-plan the night before. If I don't I just can't get it done first thing in the morning if I don't have it planned already. Sleep sounds too good otherwise.