Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Ready for my dunce cap.


A few days ago I needed to make a quick trip to the grocery store. You see, my nice neighbor (not the creepy one) pulled an awful eyesore of a bush out of my side yard without us even asking. What a nice neighbor, right? He pulled it out and loaded it up in his truck so he could haul it away. 

Naturally, I felt the need to make him a cake, as that is my universal way of saying thanks. Unfortunately, I was missing some vital ingredients, such as butter and eggs. 

Dylan and I got into the car and drove to the grocery store a mile or two away. We picked up what we needed, paid, and headed to the car. I loaded Dylan up in his car seat, put my cart away, and headed home. 

When we got back to the house, I realized what I had forgotten. Can anyone guess?

I forgot my groceries in the cart.
They were still in the grocery store parking lot! 

It was just one bag, but still- how does one forget to bring home their food from the grocery store?!?

I immediately called the store, made them aware of my level of idiocy mishap, and let them know that I'd be right over to pick up my food. When I got to the store, the manager had my food waiting. 

I asked him if that had happened before and he said that he'd never seen someone drive away without their food. Please tell me that he was joking... I can't be the only dunce out there!

5 comments:

sarahbclark! said...

i've almost walked away from the register without my purchase...
but hey, at least you didn't leave dylan in the cart. let's just call it a victory in that regard!

Just Jaime said...

I have left bags at the checker and not realized it until later. AND I left my wallet in my cart once. Luckily I went back to the store and they had it and nothing was stolen.

Terri and Jack said...

Chrissi- this means that you are overloaded and distracted. Happens with everyone at times- just a little wake up call to slow down and relax. I've never left groceries in the cart- however, I have left my purse in the cart on a grocery parking lot. I have, however, left my groceries at the check out and had to turn around and come back to get them.

Stephen G.W. said...

I used to work at Target--that kind of stuff happens all the time! You would be surprised to know that a lot of stuff never gets picked up...

Anonymous said...

left my wallet in a cart once. way worse than the groceries.