Friday, December 10, 2010

Christmas questions.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper. It's more work, but those beautiful wrapped packages look so pretty under the tree.

2. Real tree or Artificial? I've always done real, but I'm definitely open to the possibility of a real tree in the coming years. Maybe when Dylan doesn't want to tackle the Christmas tree?

3. When do you put up the tree? Usually a day or two after Thanksgiving.

4. When do you take the tree down? Whenever we get back home after all the festivities. Usually around New Year's.

5. Do you like eggnog? Nope.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Not sure. I remember being so excited about getting Birkenstocks when I was 12. I definitely wore them with socks all winter. Ha.


7. Hardest person to buy for? My brother in law T. Seriously, he always ends up getting random weird stuff from me cause I never know what to get him. This year he's getting UnderArmor, which I think that he'll actually like.

8. Easiest person to buy for? Dylan Danger


9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Snail Mail, Yo.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Not sure. Ben's grandpa died on Christmas Eve 5 years ago and that really sucked. Does that count?


12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Elf!

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Right around Thanksgiving

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? An insane amount of cookies, of course.


16. Lights on the tree (colored or clear)? White lights!

17. Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Travel home to Indiana this year- hooray!


19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Yes, simply because of the song.

20. Angel, star or ribbon on top of tree? A crooked star- my tree is too tall for my living room, so the star is smushed between the tree and the ceiling and is all tilted over. Keep it classy, Mrs. Harris.


21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? New pajamas on Christmas eve, the rest of the gifts on Christmas morning.

22. Favorite children's Christmas song? Not really sure. The only one that comes to mind is Jingle Bells.

23. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? How all of my clients at work seem to have some crazy crisis that desperately needs my attention right before Christmas. I'm such a scrooge, right?

24. Favorite ornament theme or color? Oh goodness, I don't know. My favorite ornaments are the ones from my childhood though.

25. Turkey or ham on Christmas day? Turkey.

26. What do you want for Christmas this year? All sorts of things... Tory Burch Revas are at the top of the list, but I think that they may be a little too pricey to justify for a Christmas gift. 

27. Does anyone in your family dress up as Santa? No.

28. Age you discovered who Santa was? Sometime in elementary school... it was a gradual understanding I think.


29. Eggnog, hot chocolate, or apple cider? Mmmmm hot chocolate. Or a peppermint steamer from Starbucks.

30. Traditional colors (red and green) or other colors? Mainly red and green, but I love turquise and silver too.

31. Do you have any Christmas decorations on your roof? Not yet... although Benjamin has promised to put our lights up on Saturday.


32. How does Santa get into your house? Chimney or magic key? magic key

33. Do you prefer gifts or gift cards? Gifts, but please know that I'd never turn away a gift card!

34. Favorite children's Christmas Cartoon? The Polar Express... the book and movie both seemed to magical to me!

YOUR TURN!!

1 comment:

Terri and Jack said...

1)wrapping paper
2)real
3)day after your birthday when you were growing up- wanted to separate the 2 events.
4)new year's day
5)no
6)Barbie doll and clothes. I also loved my Thumbelina doll when I was about 5, and Chatty Cathy when I was about 7.
7)Grandma and Grandpa Bartnett
8)Grandkids
9)yes
10)mail
11)cant think of a bad gift.. however-your wedding 3 days after christmas put a little damper on Christmas that year:)
12)White Christmas
13)after Thanksgiving
14)no
15)cookies
16)clear
17)Do you Hear What I Hear?
18)would rather stay home
19)yes
20)star
21)Christmas morning
22)Rudolph?
23)materialism and stress
OKAY-- that's all I can do for now... love you.