Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Geez...

Oh my gosh- I'm about to lose it. This morning at work, I've been doing a lot of paperwork at my desk. I've also been drinking my trusty DDP (Diet Dr. Pepper). Anyway, whadayaknow, I end spilling my DDP all down my blue and white striped top, leaving a huge streak down my front. I have meetings today, so I figure that I shouldn't go through my day with a stained shirt. I teetered between A: going home and changing my top. It's only 7-10 minutes each way, or B: driving a few minutes to Kohls and picking up a new top. I decided on Kohls, as I've been wanting a new shirt for a while now (read: wanting another new shirt from the moment I bought my last new shirt).

So I go to Kohls, find a cute tank and light light cardigan to layer it with. Bought them. Feeling pretty happy. Went back to work, changed out of the stained shirt and into the new ones. Sit down at my desk, ready to resume my tasks. Take a drink out of my DDP. SPILL MY DRINK ALL OVER MYSELF AGAIN.

Today is not looking very promising.

7 comments:

sarahbclark! said...

oh no, chrissi. too bad! can you button the cardigan over the stain? and maybe start using straws? they help keep your teeth white too. just a thought.

stacey said...

I feel your pain. I've done that way too many times.

mckay said...

As far as I have noticed, xtine does not do good with straws either!!! So perhaps you should stop drinking all together. Work sucks, you should just give up and go home.

Terri and Jack said...

OHHHHHHH-- That is a bad start to your day. Hope you got through it ok.
I remember when I got sick all over my blouse one day at work. (I was in my first trimester with Sarah) I ended up having to drive 45 minutes home to change it, and 45 minutes back. YUK

renae said...

LOL-- this just made me laugh! of course things like this happen on days when you have too much to do to even deal with it in the first place. then you resolve it, and do it again. haha! funny because i've been there tooooo many times... yeah, get a box of straws and put 'em in your office!

XOXO

sarahbclark! said...

or keep some extra shirts there too. nothing too cute, just stuff that'll do in an emergency.

Adventures in Healing said...

lol. I'm laughing just as much at everyone's comments. I hope yesterday went better.