Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Typical.

Last night Ben and I came home from work tired and hungry. Our conversation went as follows:

Ben: I'm so hungry, I need to get some food now.

Me: Do you want me to make you something? I can make you a chicken and cheese quesadilla really quick.

Ben: No, I don't want that. Quesadillas are fattening and don't fill me up. I'm going to go out and pick up some dinner.

*10 minutes later*
Ben walks into the house with a bag in his hands.

Me: What is that? Taco Bell?

Ben: (sheepishly) Yeah...

Me: (looking closer at the see-through bag) Ohmigosh, you just got a quesadilla, didn't you?!?

Ben: No.... maybe.... yes...

Way to be cool, husband.

6 comments:

stacey said...

haha That kills me! I said I didn't want taco salad for dinner and then suggested Cafe Rio for dinner. :S Tyson gave me quite the look for that.

renae said...

LOL

mckay said...

so the question is - did you eat taco bell?

Lindsey said...

hahaha.. this is so funny.. i'm sorry i couldn't help but laugh when I read that he went out and bought a one from taco bell after he told you he didn't want one.

Terri and Jack said...

Chrissi,
The recipe for Oven Fried Chicken Breasts:
You will need:
1 cup skim milk
6 Tb dried bread crumbs
2 Tb ground pecans
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp celery seed
1/2 tsp each: ground cumin, onion powder, salt
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
pepper to taste
3 (3/4 lb) bone-in skinless chicken breat halves,cut crosswise in half

Preheat oven to 400
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Pour 1 cup milk into a bowl.
Mix dry ingredients- and put on plate.
Dip chicken in milk, then coat on all sides with dry ingredients.
Spray each piece of chicken lightly with PAM, then place bone side down on the baking sheet.
Bake in the lowe third of oven until browned about 35 minutes. Let chiken stand about 5 minutes before serving.

Makes 6 servings: Each serving is 5 points. (206 calories)

Adventures in Healing said...

LOL!!!