Saturday, February 12, 2011

Day 19: A picture of me last year and how have I changed since then?

{Valentine's Day 2010}

Oh buddy. Last year I was still considered a new mama, as Dylan was just 4 1/2 months old. Life had finally reached a point of feeling normal, as the "adjustment to baby" period took about 2 months. We had just found our current home and were getting started on the process of becoming homeowners.

But that's not the question, right? Now what has changed, but how have I changed?

I feel like I am better at managing my life. I can handle being a wife, mother, and my own person, as well as having full time employment. About a year ago I think that I was on the brink of The Great Meltdown of 2010, in which Ben told me that he was going to quit my job for me if that would make me act like a rational human being again. I was one stressed girl. I was feeling like I had so much on my plate that I wasn't able to do anything well- not my work, not take care of Dylan and Ben, not take care of my house, or not take care of myself. I was feeling spread too thin and was not too happy about it. 

Thankfully, much has changed since then. I still have the same amount on my plate, but I've figured out how to get more done in the same amount of time. I've re-prioritized my life. I've put more planning into what I want to happen,  such as making dinner for our family, rather than feeling guilty about Ben eating a Totino's pizza for the 4th night that week. Planning ahead is key.

Please don't be fooled into thinking that I have it all together. I don't. But I have it more together this year than I did last year. 

Also, I weigh 12 pounds less than I did in February 2010! Hallelujah! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i am SO unbelieveably glad that you figured out (for the time being) how to continue with full time employment. and congrats on the 12 lbs. you always look amazing.