Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 8: A recipe.

Did you know that recipe is one of the words that I cannot manage to spell correctly? I always spell it recipie and then spellcheck comes on to taunt me. Same goes for the word paraphernalia. Mind you, it's not exactly a 4th grade spelling word like recipe, but still it's a word that I consistently have to type and always get it wrong.

Ok, as instructed by the list I am going to share a recipe today.

This is the recipe for my favorite veggie side. I've made it over a dozen times, and I always get compliments for it. What makes it even better is that it is ridiculously easy.

Here ya go...

Honey-Glazed Carrots

3 cups sliced carrots
6 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard

Bring 2 inches of salted water to a boil in medium saucepan over high heat. Add carrots and return to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook 8-12 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender. Drain carrots; return to saucepan. Stir in honey, utter, parsley, and mustard. Cook and stir over low heat until carrots are glazed.
Serves 6.

As I said, ridiculously easy, but absolutely delicious. Pair it with some roast and mashed potatoes and you have a perfect dinner.

No comments: